Every year, on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the nation comes together for #GivingTuesday - a day that affords us all an opportunity to support those causes most meaningful to us.
As DC Justice Lab continues its mission to create a #SafeandFreeDC through research, advocacy, and training, we value contributions of all sizes from people near and far who understand the need for an equitable and effective criminal justice system.
Since our launch in 2020, DCJL has been recognized for a number of significant accomplishments, including our work to move forward big changes in law like:
- a total rewrite of criminal offenses and penalties;
- a dramatic expansion of criminal record sealing and expungement relief;
- protections for children during searches and interrogations;
- limits on police car chases in the city;
- diverting 911 calls to mental health professionals;
- replacing armed school resource officers with better support for students;
- preventing our local transit authority from banning riders with criminal records; and
- a ban on solitary confinement in our local jails.
Help us keep our momentum as we forge ahead toward 2023 by donating today! Your generous donations may be made in any amount and as often as once every month.